Sunday, May 18, 2008

What Beautiful Weather!

This weekend has been full of beautiful weather. The warmth and the sun sure lift spirits and brigthen ones day. Shayla and I decided that we wanted to go for a hike at Multnomah Falls in the Columbia Gorge with some friends. This is one of my most favorite falls to visit. We got there about 3 in the afternoon and the weather was great. It felt like summer. Multnomah Falls is the second largest year round falls in the United States (after Yosemite Falls) with water plumiting 620 feet.





The trail is 1.2 miles to the top where there is a view point at the point of the falls. The cold water is like an Air Conditioner the mist cools the air as it rushes by. A much needed and welcomed refreshment as you reached the top. Also, on the bridge between the two falls, the spray is like a shower as Shayla commented.







Our friends are Nicola and Derek. Derek also has long QT and had an anoxic brain injury about a year ago. We met them through Shayla's rehab program. They have been fun to get to know but are moving to California to start a new treatment for Derek at the VA hospital in Paldo Alto. We will miss them.

7 comments:

Allison said...

Oh, that looks nice and refreshing. After having temps in the 90's lately I wish we could have gone with you!

Darin and Carolyn said...

I love those pics. It looks like you guys are doing great and loving life!

New Mexican Youngs said...

Hey, nice to see the blog updates! Love the pics. Shayla, you are a serious hiker! We'll find some more good trails when you and Bryan decide to head to New Mexico for a trip!

Emily said...

Shayla,
It looks like you and Bryan are doing great. I hope I get to see you on one of your visits to Salem. Talk to you soon, Emily (Friess) Montgomery

Nick and Haley said...

Shayla! I sure miss you! I haven't seen "my twin" in such a long time! :) Looks like you guys are doing really good! Check out my blog sometime! nickandhaleyterry.blogspot.com

Harper said...

Hi, Bryan & Shayla!

I found your blog! You both look so great, and I'm glad to hear that things are going well for the two of you.

Shayla looks so beautiful, as always, and Bryan ... I am so impressed with all you've accomplished!


~ Terrah Conrad Harper :)

Jared and Emillee said...

We've been there! Love you guys keep in touch.