Thursday, October 18, 2007

We finally made the plunge

Well, we finaly did it! We started a blog. I guess it is because eveyone else is doing it that we thought that it was finaly time to start. I don't know how much or how often we will write but at least we will try.

Shayla is doing great even after she fell out of bed two nights ago and has a big bump/cut to prove it. No, I didn't beat her up or push her off. Her treatments seam to be paying off as she is still constantly improving. She is a delight to be with even when she says "I's so tired, but what else is new!" She will be finishing up her hyperbarricks treatment session here soon and will take a break probably untill after the holidays.

Work for me has been quite busy. With my boss leaving the company and the construction manager that was working on my job being let go, there has been lots of extra work for the rest of us to add to our already overloaded plate. I am loving it though as I have so much more involvement and responsibilty on the projects and the decisions. However, I will be glad when the current project that we have started will be finished in about two weeks and the "fire alarms" will go away and I can focus only on one project.

Well, that is about it right now. We are so thankful for all of the love and support from our family and friends, especialy for our parents. So, we will try to keep this up to date.

3 comments:

Trenholms said...

thanks for making a blog!! We just started one not too long ago either, and we are so happy to be able to keep in touch with everyone now. Ours is tren-home.blogspot.com...go to it! Good to know you guys are doing well! Love, Ben and Shaunelle Trenholm

Barbara S. said...

Hi Shayla and Brian,
Man, I love the hippie outfits!!! Shayla, when your mom and I were at BYU, we went trick-or-treating. It was a blast. I wonder if I'll ever grow up.
Brian, I like the fact that you don't shave your head. I never understood why men would purposely be bald. Natural is best, but that's just my opinion.
Shayla, I'm so glad you're making progress. My sister-in-law got very ill about the same time you did and she nearly died. She has Hashimoto's Encephalopathy, a very rare thyroid condition. She is about 85% recovered. You and her are two miracles I have witnessed in the last couple of years. Good luck to you. I went to the movie with her tonight. We saw "Dan in Real Life." It was pretty good. Take your mom to it. Well, I'll chat again later. Love, Barbara Stevens

Aunt Melanie said...

How the heck are you!? Shayla, HAPPY MIRACLE DAY!!!! Boy, it's sure a miracle in my life that I can still give and get hugs from you and see that beautiful smile! I'm so proud of you and the strength and tenacity you have shown. Bryan, thanks for loving Shayla so much and for caring for her so well. I know this is not what either of you planned for your lives together but you have found a way to make lemonaide out of a really big 'lemon'. You two are always in my prayers and I always place your names on the Temple prayer list when I go. My life is always brightened when I see you and need to take more opportunities to do so. I love your smile!!

Please know that your trials have been a source of growth and testimony building for me and so many others. I have no idea why the two of you were allowed (or asked?) to go through this but I believe He is so very aware of you and loves you in a way that I can only imagine. And I LOVE THE HECK OUT OF YOU!!! At this Thanksgiving season one of the things that I am most greatful for is that I get to be your Aunt! The memories of you and Daisha staying all those weekends at my apartments are some of my most treasured gifts. Shayla, I couldn't love you more if you were my own daughter. Thank you for allowing me some of my greatest blessings as an aunt.

I am so greatful that the two of you have each other for now and always. Take care of each others tender hearts. Can't wait to see you in a few days.

Congrats on two great years!!!
Love, Aunt Melanie