Monday, October 22, 2007

Please forgive me!!


I need to take this moment and apologise to all of those Harry Potter readers that I teased over the last 6 months or so. I never thought that I would be eating my words but I must say that I am actually enjoying the Harry Potter reading frenzy.
-
I actually was given a chance back when the first books came out to read them but stopped as I had a hard time getting into the first book. I think that I might have had some predisposed thoughts that it was childish and that I didn't want any of my peers to know that I was reading it.
-
Just last month my brother Russ encouraged me to read the first one as he was almost done with the series and liked it very much. He likes to read books and has invited me to read others but I have always been discouraged as the books that he reads are large books (300+ pages) and those books intimidate me as I have been a slow reader. As usual, I just listened to his advise and went on my way forgetting what he had said.
-
Later that week I was at Mom and Dad Young's house with Shayla for the weekend and was waiting for Shayla to finish getting ready for bed when I noticed Mom's Harry Potter book collection on the shelf opposite the bed. When I saw the size of the first book, I thought that I could give it a try and see for my self if I liked it. I knew that if Russ liked it ( and he is much more manly then I am ) that I too could read it without having a problem.
-
So, I began to read. And read I did. I read a few chapters that night and then on Saturday I had read several more without any care for the time. I suddenly notice that I wasn't worrying about what page I was on or how long it was taking me to read a page, but that I was getting into the story and wanted to keep going even though I have seen the movies a few times.
-
Within about a week and a half I finished the first book and began the second one. I am now well into the third book and can't wait until I have some time again to read. I love the fact that I have seen the movies so that I can have a better picture of what is going on ( I like to visualize what I read - hence the reason that I am in the construction industry ). I also like how I am understanding the movies more with thoughts that are expressed in the book but not in the movie.
-
Anyways, to all those that enjoy the Harry Potter books I say I respect you. To all those that haven't read them I say give it a try. To all those that I might have ever offended I say please forgive me.

1 comment:

Daisha said...

Harry potter is teh best huh, I think i'm going to read them all again!
Daisha