Sunday, January 20, 2008

4126 pages later...







I can't believe I have read over 4000 pages in 4 months, finishing just after new years. That is only 120 days with an average of 34 pages per day. However, I read book 5, The Order of the Pheonix, (896 pages) in just 8 days. I would never have thought of reading so much as before it took me forever to read. The downside to reading this much in so short a time is that I used the time I was at home from work and after I went to bed to read which translates into not spending much time with Shayla and getting very little sleep.
Shayla is glad that I have finished so that we can spend more time together. I am also glad because I am sleeping more. I am just going to have to learn how to control my reading habits so that I can still enjoy my new hobbie without cutting too much time out with Shayla and sleep.
I want to say thanks to Russell (my next older brother) for getting me to read the first book. Your enthusiasum helped me to see that it was exciting enought to get you entrenched in the series and that I too could find it entertaining. Also, for letting me borrow the last two books so I could finish the series and talking with me about where I was at in the books and discussing the story every time I came over.
Also, thanks to Shawnee (my mother in law) for letting me borrow books 1-5 and bringing them up to me. I wouldn't have started to read them if it wasn't for the fact that you had them in the downstairs bedroom.
And lastly, thanks to my dear sweet wife, Shayla for supporting me through these last four months and letting me read instead of spending more time with you.
For your info, I have started reading the Hobbit and am half way through it i just one weeks time. No worries, I am working on my bad habbits from the last series.

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh, poor Shayla!! You were neglected for a book! ;)

100 Days of Love said...

It's hard to put those books down. I'm lucky in that Suzie and I were reading the last two books at the same time, so we read them together out loud.

New Mexican Youngs said...

That is amazing Bryan, I don't know if I could say that I have read 4000 pages in the last 4 years. Hope all is well, miss you guys.

Heather said...

Mike and I are both so glad you have found the joys of Harry Potter! Go Gryffindor! We are also glad to hear that you have finished up so you can get more time together and more sleep. (Perhaps you should ask Mike about that as it relates to a certain PC game called "Warcraft!"- He seems to have the same symptoms as you!)

Allison said...

Wow! I didn't realize you were reading the whole series so quickly. Now I really feel like I should read them. Some good friends told me to after the first one came out and I still haven't picked them up!