Sunday, April 20, 2008

Beacon Rock Adventure!





Last weekend the sun decided to peak through the clouds for a day and we slipped over to Beacon Rock State Park for a morning hike. Shayla has been bouncing off the walls waiting for the weather to be nice so we could go hiking. So, last Saturday she finally got her wish. Beacon Rock is the remaining core of an old baby volcano that was eroded away when the Columbia Gorge was formed. It is over 800 feet tall and has a beautiful view of the gorge and river. It got its name from Lewis and Clark when they made their journey back from the Pacific Ocean. We enjoyed the climb as the path is mostly paved and has guard rails. That made Shayla feel more comfortable. It took us a little over 2 hours round trip to climb Beacon Rock. I hope you enjoy the pictures.






So, that was our trip. We then had Stake Conference later that day and enjoyed the lessons learned from our local leaders. We are both truly blessed and thank all of you for your love and support. Sorry for not bogging for awile, I have been working overtime lately and have neglected too much. I am thankfull for the gospel and the plan of salvation and the blessings we receive from our Heavenly Father. Amen.

4 comments:

Daisha said...

wow - that looks beautiful! (Don't clik on that fenrisar thing!! - I was getting those but changed some things on my settings and haven't been bugged since)

Tammy said...

Looks like a great hike. I wish the weather was as nice here! (Agree with just us--add word verification.)

Anonymous said...

Wow looks like a lot of fun!! The weather in Salem hasn't been that great except one weekend and we were really busy and couldn't go do anything I am jealous! Hope all is well!!

New Mexican Youngs said...

Hey guys, love to see someone is getting out for some hikes, I am dying to do some. Those are some great pictures, which means it must have been beautiful, because pic near capture the real beauty. Can't wait for August - love you guys!